Monday, May 25, 2009

Hot/Cold... is "warming" up...

Daniel is posting...

As per usual, a day working with Frank and Robby was very insightful. We were doing some last minute location scouting, which is always frightening, because things have to go well. But I think things went better than I had expected. We are almost ready to make a movie. As much as I like to just Produce, I am switching into AD mode for the shoot and this week is well the week before the shoot. So my mind is going everywhere trying to make sure I am confident about ever aspect of our two shooting days this weekend. I am very proud of this project and am lucky I get to be such a big part of it.

It is pretty crazy to jump in to straight between two shoots, knowing that swimming through only leads to a larger ocean of work and production. I drove past Caves on the way to one of the locations we were looking at today and I was remembering back when I would've gone for a beer on Memorial Day a few years ago. I would've sat at the bar during happy hour and talked about how I wanted to make movies. I'd talk about crazy ideas involving Werewolves or Aliens, but instead of making that happen I sat there on the barstool enjoying what I thought at the time was a deserved rest. Now I spend almost everyday working toward production or on a production of a friends. It has been a nonstop ride since AFI ended and I think I starting to get back into it. After Post Production on Sleet/Snow I was completely drained, I had directed and finished 8 films in 2008 (Sleet/Snow was the last), and that feeling I can now say is over.

That said there are also a ton of films I want to see this Summer and I have picked up at least one job to fund my getting to see them all so I can report about them here. In no particular order they are; Summer Hours, Lorna's Silence, World's Greatest Dad, Revenche, UP (which will be the first PIXAR film I will have ever seen in a theater), Paper Heart, and all the big uns (which I won't write about instead I will probably talk obsessively about to anyone in my close proximity... sorry in advance).

Also Lemon is moving towards a big step, will update soon. Also Coming soon is an Adrian Make Movie DVD, hopefully featuring all of the shorts made with Adrian Make Movie Productions... more on that soon as well, don't forget to come out and support our sister company Manamal Productions' 24hr Video Race film, which I co-wrote/directed, "Sweet Potatoes" this Tuesday 7pm at the Angelika Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment