Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"HOT/COLD more like HOT DAMN!"

or at least that is a paraphrased quote from director/writer Frank Mosley. I can't say enough nice things about our crew and our Director of Photography Ron Gonzalez. It has been a nice blend of UTA folks and new people for me. Marc Howell won an excellent game of scrabble (with a little help from me), Corrie saved us from near disaster with her boom stick, Jenny our Art Director masterfully designed a beautiful bed room, Nathan took pictures of everything (well not everything) that I look forward to seeing with great anticipation and I hope to be able to speak more about everyone and their amazing deeds after next weekend as well post some stills for everyone see some of the awesome work being done. Crystal and John are two of best actors I've ever gotten to work with, and all in all it has been one of the most comfortable sets I've ever been on. Great work everyone can't wait for next weekend. I don't think I have ever been this happy with a movie I been a Producer for. Thanks and I'll be sure to mention everyone's heroic acts next week. Just thanks to everyone who has been a part of this film from the beginning.

And speaking of Boom sticks... Adrian and I went to see Drag Me To Hell last week before he left for Taos and all of its glory. And I have to say it was one of the most perfect cinematic experiences I've had since Bones with Snoop Dogg. And people were talking and talking, and for once I didn't care. As a known cinematic elitist, I find myself backing away from this more and more with every day that goes by. I'm still picky but damn it, I want to nothing more then to see Drag Me To Hell for a second time. It reminded me of my top films of 2001, Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, and Bones. (I think they were the only films I saw in the theater that year.)

thanks for reading, Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment