Saturday, October 3, 2009

BendFilm

It is sort of a tradition here at The Adrian Make Movie Official Blog, to discuss which films I am most excited about at each festival we are attending, and then sort of recap which ones I liked and didn't care to elaborate on. First I will mention that Children of Invention is playing (big surprise!) this film screened at AFI Dallas and I had the chance to meet Tze and I absolutely loved his film. I may even watch it again, but I've seen twice already and there are so many other films I will be trying to catch.

A big hole from South by was 45365. Which I got a chance to see via SnagFilms over the summer, but I knew then when I watched it, that it was an experience best reserved for a theatrical viewing. Thankfully I will get another chance to catch this one. I also really watch to see, while I'm on the subject of Documentaries, The Road to Fallujah, which played Slamdance earlier this year and I just can't pretend I am not curious about it. Vincent also looks like a random bit of fun, which is a film seemingly about a guy who wears colorful suits.

The opening night film, "A Film With Me In It" was particularly amazing at South by, but we did see it at a midnight screening, so I am ready to give it another chance seeing as there isn't really anything else going on other then that! We are screening before the films Fuel and Blue Bus, the latter of which looks very promising. Bomber was also one Adrian and I almost saw at in Austin but missed due mainly to scheduling. I am going to make a concerted attempt to see as many shorts as possible, and also re-watch Jon Bryant's hilarious Overbrook Brothers.

Mostly what excites me about BendFilm is not the cool festival programs (which I have no doubt will be great!) it is a part of the country I have never seen. I only wish I was driving there instead of flying! I hope we can convince our hosts to take us to see some of the beauty that is the northwest part of this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment