Saturday, October 10, 2009

BENDFILM - 1

Well Bret and I got in yesterday at noon, and much to my surprise Vincent, form the most entertaining documentary Vincent: A Life in Color was on our flight into Redmond along with a few other filmmakers. We get to town and we are staying at a very beautiful house that is straight out of an issue of Better Homes and Gardens. We are about three blocks from Downtown where all the "action" is. There are a about a million local restaurants here, this place feels unreal. I attempted to watch Road to Fallujah but was half asleep the for half the film. Overall from what I saw I liked, and the Q & A was heated so that was fun. Then after like 32hrs of being awake, we called it a night. Today we began with a Filmmaker Breakfast, and got meet some very nice people. Our screening partners from the excellent short "Royalty Free" hung out with us all day making the multiple treks back and forth from screening to screening much easier to procure.

We ate dinner at the Lahianna Gallery, which had several Pop Surrealist renderings of Bears interacting with things, odd and enjoyable. Overall I am just frustrated that I won't be seeing half of the films I want to. I am glad I printed out some new lobby Cards that Andrew made, which are larger and just nicer in general. I am definitely submitting here again, this is an excellent and laid back festival. And it is pretty, will post pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Daniel!
    Congrats on everything. Looks like life is treating you well.
    -"Ambrosia"

    ReplyDelete