Sunday, April 12, 2009

Adrian's back from the dead...

HEY! Where have I been?
Well... SXSW is way over... it was a great festival and I wish it was more often than once a year because I loved it.
AFI, however, was a different kind of great. It was a film festival as well but held a different caliber of cool and had a more commercial program.
I met Adrien Brody, we high-fived, I meant to say, "Adrian's rule the Earth!", but instead I said, "Adrian's gotta stay high!", and held my hand in up the air for way too long. He looked at me, then up at my hand, then bak at me and said, "Yeah."
I also met Guillermo Arriaga, the writer of "Amores Perros", "21 Grams", "Babel", and writer director "The Burning Plain". I told him I watched his movie twice and I enjoyed it both times and he said, "Really?". I guess he didn't believe me.
I also met other really cool and very interesting people from all over the country. They were all very nice.
So since AFI, I have been job hunting because I realized that this is my last semester and I have no money saved and I have financial aid that I have to start paying back, and I don't want to be that 30yr old guy who still lives with his mom and plays video games everyday... which is what will happen if I DON'T start making some money. I've been working with this photographer to try to set up a wedding video/photo team to make some quick cash on the weekends. I've been slowly talking with some friends to start up a freelance commercial team. I applied at AT&T as a "Cell-Phone Seller", but haven't heard anything back from them yet.
Besides that, I've been helping multiple students try to put together their short shoots and I've been looking for locations for everybody, (including me).
My friend Jayson's car broke down one day on the way to AFI, so I've been picking him up and taking him to school and taking him to car dealerships and taking him home, so that takes up some time, but I don't mind, he's my friend and he often gives me good advice that I choose not to follow.
I've been missing deadlines with my ONE class and I had a deadline 2 weeks ago (during AFI) with the company I'm interning for that I missed, and I actually still work on in my very limited free time, but I'm not sure I still even have a "job" with them, because I haven't called to try to explain why I didn't make my deadline for the task they gave me... I guess I just didn't want to do something "half-assed", so I didn't show anything at all.
RIGHT NOW, I'm acting in Raziq Brown's "Psychopomp". For some crazy reason Raziq thought I would be able to act in a lead roll with emotional scenes and I honestly didn't believe I would be able to pull it off, but I DID! The big scenes were yesterday (Saturday) and I think I did pretty well! I can't wait to see the footage so I can say, "Oh yeah, I was right, I can't act.", but until then, I'm gonna go around and tell everyone that I'm awesome and I'm an actor!

Today is the last day of principal for "Psychopomp", it's Easter, and I slept in until 1pm. I have a headache, but other than that, I feel great! Acting is fun! It's weird to be on the opposite side of the camera. I notice all kinds of mistakes being made with the production and I get to witness how they correct those mistakes, it's fun, and very educating. It is difficult for me NOT to say something when I see something wrong that no one is attending to. I need to work on that. I'm awesome and I'm an actor.
I'm working mostly opposite Nicholas Cormier III, star and director of the "The Runner", we have a good working relationship, and he's helped me out a lot with performance with his professionalism as an actor. I also worked with Krishna Smitha, who is beautiful and has these enormous, gorgeous eyes. She is so sweet and kind and amazing on screen. She's much much better than me and it just comes naturally to her. Raziq is the other character and he's doing just fine because in a lot of ways this script is very personal to him and he can just act out his real life... or something like that.
I'm worried about Lemon.
I haven't had a lot of time to concentrate on it. I need to find more actors, I'm still searching for locations (Pediatrician doctor's office, a big backyard that is just grass and flat, a purple bedroom), and I'm dreading shooting the second weekend of May because I don't feel that I have enough time to get everything together by then.
I'll figure something out, I always do, but until then, I'm leaving the futon, and going back to BUSY.
I've missed you blog... and I hope we see each other again soon.

On a side note: Birra Porettis in Arlington, by I30 has half priced pizza every Tuesday night, and it tastes great. Order a medium, eat half of it Tuesday night, then eat the other half later the next day for lunch... or if you're like me... eat the other half the next Tuesday morning (yes, 7 days later), then go back to Birra Porettis for a refill. Here it is.

Still Truckin'

Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment