Monday, March 9, 2009

Adrian says...

So, it's the BIG week before the BIG week. Daniel and I will be leaving sometime Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning.
"Me and Daniel, well we're, driving down together, there's gonna be something good in Austin when we get there. We're takin' the truck and we're driving all daaaayyyy... on one bench seat..." (I think that's a Wallflowers song).
I'm excited to see my family and long lost friends. I realize that I'm not going to have a lot of time to spend with them, but that's OK, I would probably just want them to feed me.
I'm also excited about watching movies and movies! Usually, if I sit around all day and watch movies, people call me lazy, or a bum, or a no-good, worthless piece of crap, that will amount to nothing and end up mopping floors at a retirement home... but not this time! Festival Fun! Lazy Day America!
I'm not sure what I'm typing anymore. I had some NEW Doritos called "Spicy Sweet Chili" and they were good but they are making my mind grapes crinkle into raisins.
Well... as soon as I get a chance to look over our MOVIE MAP (our plan of every movie on everyday that we're going to attend), I'll write some more about what I anticipate out of each of them.

On a side note - I've been looking for a job and pretty much given up on "the hunt" with SXSW and AFI coming up... Well, yesterday a reality show called me asking if I wanted to be a PA, and today the city of Fort Worth called me and asked me if I wanted to be a Scanner. For those of you who don't know, a "Scanner" is someone who watches and compiles hours and hours of security footage from several different locations and "scans" the video for "suspicious looking" people, and then follows them throughout their day, learning their habits, watching their strange movements, and recording their daily routines, and THEN reporting all of those things to the "higher ups" of the government so that we can monitor their phone and computer contacts.
Actually... they just want me to scan papers to make digital copies of all their old records probably.
Either way, it's a paying job and I was offered both now that I'm leaving town for a week.
Poop.

-Adrian Maked It.

No comments:

Post a Comment