Sunday, March 15, 2009

Back on Track.... by Adrian

I feel much better now.

Yesterday was fun. We started out our (late start) day with "Beeswax". It was good. The 2 main actresses were "non-actors", as well as most of the rest of the cast. You could have fooled me... and you did... (insert George W. Bush joke here) I thought they were REAL actresses. Everyone in the movie was good. The great thing about "Beeswax" is it was SO simple! We definitely have the capabilities to shoot a feature on that scale.... Hmm, not sure what's holding us back...
THE John Mitchell came into town and met up with us after Beeswax. John Mitchell was our Sound Supreme on "sleet/snow"! We all went to see "Sons of a Gun", which from the trailer and initial preview/review I gave, looked pretty promising. Well, I was kind of disappointed. Daniel described it as "episodic", which it was... I just couldn't think of how to put it eloquently. It WAS about crazy old people, which I like, but I'm more into the humor of old people's craziness, not the TRUE craziness/scariness that they are or have or whatever I'm trying to say here. It was, at times, horrific. Not horrific/bad, but horrific/like I'm cringing and gripping my knees because I'm scared and worried for these old helpless crazies. 
Next we ran back over to the Paramount to catch "Alexander the Last". Well, we were actually going to see "Splinterheads", but there was a crazy line outside the Alamo Drafthouse Ritz, so we decided not to go, which made us 3 hours early to the "Alexander the Last" movie. SO, we ducked into whatever was playing at the Paramount to pass the time, and low and behold, it was "Moon", starring Sam Rockwell. Moon was so slow that it helped me catch up on all the sleep I've been missing out on. I saw the beginning and the end, and slept through the middle. I won't be seeing that one again, even though it was WAY closer to my preview/review of what I thought "Alexander the Last" was going to be about. "Alexander the Last" (4th time I've dropped the title) was good. Great acting, great shots, great MUSIC, and great awkward sex scenes! The sex scenes weren't awkward, they were actually really hot, but they were awkward because you're watching what's supposed to be this intimate, private act that usually no one sees, but there's a HUGE theater full of people watching these two people "get it on"... all sex scenes are awkward in theaters... That's just what I think. 
After "that movie" we went to "that movie's" after/premiere party at the Kharma Lounge and that place was super packed. I couldn't breathe in there (my excuse), so I left to go get something to eat, take a dump, and go to sleep. I went to my friend, Erik's, house and ate Jack in the Box and watched a little bit of this crap-attack movie called "Chocolate" about an autistic teenage girl who watches "Ong Bak" and then goes out at night to beat up bad guys who work the docks. Check it out if you want, but I pretty much told you the whole movie.
I tried to go to sleep early but somebody kept calling me and woke me up every time I would doze off. I think I finally went to sleep around 2 or 3ish and woke up this morning (late again) and walked out to my truck to go pick up Daniel and my truck was gone.
It got towed. Now I don't know if any of you have ever had your truck towed but it's so infuriating! I was so mad. You can't yell at the apartment complex because 1) They don't open until 10am, even if you wait around until 10:45am, they still won't open, and 2) Even if they opened on time, they do have ONE sign posted behind a bush that visitors will be towed if they don't park in the designated visitor area. You can't yell at the tow truck company, because, GEEZ, if I got $200 for every car I picked up, I would be towing vehicles all night long, which they probably did. Good for them... but still F*ck them both and I hope they die slow, painful deaths.
My dad came and rescued me. He picked me up and took me to the impound place and picked up my truck and then I was on my way to the show. I got to The Hideout Theatre and Coffeehouse at 11:30AM, later than I wanted to show up. The showcase rocked socks. We showed last and were the best. I'm not just saying that because I produced and edited the movie, it was actually the best. It got the most applause out of all of them and it was pretty incredible. I picked out three more things I didn't like about the movie, but I guess that's what filmmakers do when they watch their own junk. I'm still really happy with the ending of the movie. It ends so strong and on such a good vibe that I can't help but smile every time I see it. 
We've been sitting around doing nothing for the past couple hours visiting with friends that came out to see our movie. I'm really tired again... and hungry... as usual. The other short that excelled in the showcase was "Martha". I had been looking forward to see that short for a long time and I'm glad I finally got to see it.
Next we're going to see "Humpday" followed by "The Immaculate Conception of Little Dizzle". Then we're SERIOUSLY considering going to the super screening of SAM RAIMI'S new movie, "Drag Me to Hell"! We're fans of the Sam Raimi and his Spiderman franchise. HAR HAR HAR. 
Long live The Evil Dead.

wake me up before you go,

Adrian Made Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment