Friday, March 20, 2009

PEOPLE & shorts...

Two days left, it is sad. I miss the first days already. I'm listening to Orange Mighty Trio's CD that Mike Vasich gave me Tuesday after the Closing Party, which was fun, and I'm sure I was borderline too drunk... (deal breaker?)

Well, instead of trying to catch up to where I am now, I'm going to jump to ahead to the shorts. Adrian and I caught; Texas Shorts, Experiemntal, Reel Shorts 1, 2, & 3. Wow, there was some really fantastic films in there, my favorite shorts for SXSW past are David Lowery's Catalog of Anticipations, Josh Safdie's We're Going to The Zoo, and I also enjoyed "Death to the Tinman." Well what I'm saying is the shorts stand out, and you remember.

Here's a list of my favorite SXSW Shorts this year in order of my top favorite to bottom. 

1. Sunday Mornings (d. Jannicke Laaker)
2. Isis Avenue (d. Mr. Paul Marchand)
3. A'mare (d. Martina Amati)
4. Love, Sadie (d. Naiti Gamez)
5. Tess and Nana (d. M. Stewart Thorndike)
6. Winter Lilacs (d. Stephen Gurewitz) 
7. Uprush (d. Kim Hall)
8. Countertranceference (d. Madeleine Olnek)
9. Autopilot (d. J. B. Herndon)
10. Before the Sea (d. Charlene Music)
11. The Better Half (d. Rebecca Rodriguez)

But I haven't seen the midnight shorts yet so, I will make a separate list for those...

Tomorrow we are seeing Winnebago Man, Sweethearts of the Prison Rodeo, Over the Hills, Breaking Upwards, TRIMPIN' and Midnight Shorts... another long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment