Saturday, March 21, 2009

Feels Like the Last Day on Earth... by Adrian

SOO... YESTERDAY - We started out our day with "Breaking Upwards". It was funny in the beginning, then slowly declined to not as funny as the beginning. There were a LOT of focus problems. The lead girl was cute and the mothers of the main couple were great! I was not into it as much as I thought I would be.
After the New York Break Up Movie, we went to see "Winnebago Man". I'm not sure if you have heard of "Winnebago Man", and I'm not sure if you will ever get a chance to see it. "Winnebago Man" started as a secretly circulated video tape that made it's way to underground "funniest home movies" shows. Later it was uploaded onto the "inter-web", and spread like wildfire to all the "funny video" sites. "Winnebago Man" currently has 894,771 hits, and is rapidly rising. "Winnebago Man", the documentary, is amazing. It's about a guy who watched the online clip then set out on an adventure to find what people are calling "the angriest man alive". "Winnebago Man" had a PACKED house at the Paramount (which seats over 800) on its third, and last screening and had THE loudest applause I've heard out of anything we've seen here at SXSW. "Winnebago Man" is an incredible film that will probably get a theatrical release and major distribution. It's that good.... if you haven't noticed by how many times I wrote "Winnebago Man".... "Winnebago Man". www.winnebagoman.com 
Next we saw "Sweethearts of the Prison Rodeo". Incredible again. The opening sequence was great and the movie overall was great and I would write a lot about it, but we're heading out to see more movies... I'll be back for more updates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment