Thursday, March 12, 2009

Trailer Party!

So I watched all the FEATURE trailers that we'll be watching. We're purposely skipping the BIG movies that will be coming out in the next few weeks ("Observe and Report", "I Love You, Man", and some other junk), so that we can see the good indie films that might not ever see a theater or distribution.
Here are my thoughts on the individual previews I watched (In alphabetical order)

45365 - I think this movie looks good... Daniel says we might see it, maybe. I think I might kick Daniel in his maybe face. Dirty dumbo donkus dork.

500 Day of Summer - I have high hopes for this one. The trailer is Aamazazing. The HORRIBLE narration makes me want to pull out my own tongue, but the quick glimpses of what looks like singing and dancing makes my toes twinkle.

Afterschool - looks good... reminds me of my younger years... fighting, sex, fantasizing about crazy happenstances... or more what I wished my younger years would have been like...

Alexander the Last - There is no trailer for this movie and I don't know how to read so I have no idea what this is going to be about. However, I am hoping that it will be loosely based on Alexander the Great's conquest of Earth, but set in space. The "Alexander" will be a lone warrior starship from a historical space battle, and it's rag-tag crew of misfits and stowaways will have to fight their way through hordes of de-humans (a human-like species that are mushy on the inside and wear their bones on the outside) and other battleships. They will eventually discover that the "promised land" that they are trying to get to for most of the 4 hour movie does not exist and the only thing they have is each other. Then their ship will run out of oxygen. Credits. Or... I guess their ship could run out of oxygen in the opening credits, then it could be a short. I guess we'll see.

Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo - Not what you would expect. If you read the last description of what I get from movie titles, then you can see that I hope for the most ridiculous... Well this story is about the insect crave in Tokyo and how people own insects as pets and I guess how insect marketing is a very lucrative business in Japan. The trailer has some very funky music that I enjoyed and some pretty pictures as well.

Bomber - Road Trip/Old People/Life Movie. I love old people. I think they are funny. There are some really nice road shots in this movie that I am jealous of. I think it will be one of those "carpe diem" movies, where old people teach us youngsters the value of life and let us know that we're wasting it by sitting in front of computers blogging all day.

Brock Enright: Good Times Will Never Be The Same - this is a documentary about a crazy artist. I wasn't surprised by anything in the trailer because I hang out with a crazy artist. I'm not going to say who, but his name starts with a "D" and ends with a "aniel Laabs". You want real crazy? Check out Daniel's self made bathtub documentary.

Exterminators - Wow... this is what people spend their money on in SXSW? It has Heather Hot Boogie Nights and that old lady from American Pie and Legally Blonde. It looks bad... not bad enough to be good... just bad. Daniel says it is on our list as a "place holder" but I'm beginning to question his real motives and his overall taste in film.

Grace - a movie about birthing, demon babies, flies, breast blood-milk, vampires, hatchets, bottles, rubber gloves... i just started writing whatever I think I saw in the preview. Baby horror movies are great... like enemas.

Iron Maiden: Flight 666 - Rock... Roll... Pantera behind the scenes... but not. Iron Maiden lives on forever and they prove it through their undying rockstardomism.

It was great, but I was ready to come home - College girls in a foreign country... Costa Rica? I've been there and if these girls ruin it for me, I will hate them and myself. Girls make me want to throw up. Why do they ruin everything? Why do I love them so? Oh gross... (took a break to gag myself)

Lesbian Vampire Killers - For such a corny name, and expecting it to be nothing but corny, this one actually looks pretty well produced. I think this is one of our "midnight madness" movies, so I'm sure it will be enjoyable. If not, I will blame it on the lesbians.

Luckey - Heart-wrenching documentary about a quadraplegic father and the wife and son that take care of him. I bet it's good. Tears will rain down upon the desolate earth.

MakeOut with Violence - Low budget, unique, zombies? Possibly. Might be some sick and twisted necrophiliac stuff... I'm turned on just thinking about it.

Modern Love is Automatic - Punk Rock Preview! Horrible sound! Bondage and Boredom! There's a girl named "Adrian"? That's impossible. The trailer started out cool... I had a headache at the end and might have blacked out.

My Suicide - I think this will be great. It's on our "IF WE HAVE TIME" list. It's going to be about the life of teenager and how he knows the world through media. There's some rotoscoping and other cool effects. I'm excited. We're gonna see it. I'm moving into the "We're gonna see it" list.

Over the Hills and Far Away - A journey of a father and son to find a cure for the son's autism. Horseback riding and Mongolian healers. I'm down.

Son of a Gun - More old people humor. I can't wait. This one actually looks really funny and I'm sure it has a heart warming story attached to it. Big ears, white hair, missing teeth... I love it.

Sorry, Thanks - awkward relationships and awkward moments. I'm used to that. Let's all love awkwardness together!

St. Nick - KIDS! The first line in this trailer got me. I'm gonna love it. I know it. I'm writing a short about a child and how they see the world and how it's difficult for adults to see the same things that they see, so this will help me with my movie... I hope.

Sweethearts of the Prison Rodeo - OMG! I watched the whole preview with a dropped jaw... Inmate gorging bulls run around and have a field day on fleeing prisoners that are ecstatic to be "off the yard". Omg. Everyone enjoys a trampling! "You don't want to see anybody get hurt or get killed, but if they do, you darn sure don't want to miss it." -random spectator of the prison rodeo.

The Immaculate Conception of Little Dizzle - Oh geez... crazy effects and crazy craziness! I'm ready to get my mind grapes plucked! Let's do this, Rocket Punch!

Trimpin - I thought maybe this one was about some new dance and got really excited... then I learned it's just ANOTHER movie about ANOTHER crazy old man... what's with the crazy geezers this year?


All of these trailers can be seen on SXSW.com, under film and then "trailer viewer".

We're going to see PRAYER FOR ANIMALS tonight at The Hole in the Wall. It's Jeremy's band. It will be my first time praying with animals and I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Laundry's almost done...

Oh, if anyone wants to make any donations to the Adrian Make Movie's Fight Against Starvation at SXSW 2009 Fund, please contact Daniel or Adrian and take them to lunch.

Thank you and God Speed.

-CJW3 (Adrian)

No comments:

Post a Comment