Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Where has Adrian been? ... by Adrian

SXSW is over. I'm back in Arlington, where there is no festival, no 5 films a day, no free pass to all kinds of stuff, and most importantly... no free food.
I'm back at school. Stress, Embarrassment, Anxiety, Confusion... Life.... starts again.
I'm extremely unmotivated and uninspired to do much of anything. Where is the Adrian from last year? That guy who never slept and never stopped moving. Did he die? How did he do so much? Is that why I'm so burned out now? Am I burned out or am I just being lazy? Where are my socks? Am I going to graduate?
I keep telling people that "My Suicide" was my favorite movie at SXSW. Was it? I really enjoyed it and I loved the style, but was there something better that I forgot about? I'm in class right now, or I was when I wrote this, so I can't look up everything I saw and revisit them and decide what I liked about them and weigh them against the other films.
I'll see if I can find some time to do that later... but when do I have time?
Today I'm helping an intro student shoot a documentary, then later I'm climbing.
Tomorrow I'm helping with the documentary again.
Thursday I'm supposed to go to Fort Worth to try to lock a jewelry store, and AFI starts.
Friday through next week is AFI and casting and finding locations... Can I do all of this?
Of course I can. I accomplished more tasks than this in one day last semester, so all this should be cake for me.... but then we're back to the question... "Am I the same Adrian from last year?"

-Who am I?

1 comment: